Pristine fabrics are the result of careful and scrupulous research. Patented and studied to perform the function of mite allergen – impermeable encasings, they have been the object of numerous studies and research projects that testify to their effectiveness:
- a study carried out at the University of Virginia that certifies the ability of Pristine to block dust mite allergens;
- a study carried out at the University of South Florida that demonstrated with laboratory tests the ability of Pristine to block dust mite allergens;
- a comparative study of 32 mite allergen-impermeable encasings from 9 countries to find which ones are really effective (Mahakittikun et al, Mite penetration of different types of material claimed as mite proof by the Siriraj chamber method, J Allergy Clin Immunol 2006;118:1164-8);
- a comparative study of mite allergen-impermeable encasings in non-woven fabric and woven dust mite proof encasings(Pristine® patent) - (Miller J.D. et al, Nonwoven in contrast to woven mattress encasings accumulate mite and cat allergen, J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007, volume 120, number 4, pages 977-979);
- a laboratory test demonstrating that Pristine blocks more than 99% of the dust mite allergens commonly present in mattresses and pillows (IBT Laboratories – Specializing in molecular & cellular immunology).